Poll: What is the best GPS Navigation App for Joying HUs?
This poll is closed.
Google Map
31.25%
15 31.25%
Sygic
14.58%
7 14.58%
Tomtom Go
8.33%
4 8.33%
Waze
33.33%
16 33.33%
iGo
12.50%
6 12.50%
MAPS.ME
0%
0 0%
HERE
0%
0 0%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Apps/Mods for Joying HUs - Top GPS Navigation
For the time being, my unit is not installed, i only use it on a table.
Temp is about 65-75 and freq seems ok.

This is the unit with digital amp Inside. They sent me some pictures to show me they improved cooling.
It is now difficult to add a heatsink as it is not flat on the CPU now, it is quite like a little heatsink.
As one can see in my signature, my HU is also with digital amp inside and so called improved cooling. I've seen some 92C on it - not sure it can last under that condition any long.

Of course, when it runs only radio, it is in 50-70 range (especially in winter with outside temps below zero), but if on-line navigation is used, and GPS/GSM conditions become not ideal, it can easily reach 80-86C.

Factory "radiator" is not flat - I am going to use just more thermal epoxy to glue some additional radiator and cooler and to remove upper lid, thanks to lbdroid for idea.
Skoda Superb 2010:  JY-VM130N2D Android 6.0.1 (Sept'17) + J.Dashcam + J.Rear Cam + Huawei E8372 4G WiFi Dongle
Andy2000 > ifind an app called "cpu throttling test" and when you see the result it is sure overheating is not corrected !! You're right !
They changed the radiator from flat to not-really-flat, why then did not put a real one ?! really crazy !

My only problem about glueing is warranty. This is winter, ok, but when it will be summer, what will i do ? Take a pipe of my car air conditionning direct to HU Smile
(12-05-2017, 10:14 PM)cehes Wrote: My only problem about glueing is warranty. This is winter, ok, but when it will be summer, what will i do ? Take a pipe of my car air conditionning direct to HU Smile

The warranty is not worth much from what I've read here since you have to pay shipping back and forth in many cases.  I was in the same place as you, and finally ordered some thermal epoxy and did the mod.  I couldn't believe the SoM would last very long at those temperatures...  A 30 minutes drive using the GPS last summer made the unit go over 95C, and the inside of the car was a cozy 24C.  At those temperatures, the CPU will not last very long..

I would be worried about humidity and condensation when using air conditioning...  doesn't mix very well with hot electronics, and corrosion might become an issue in itself.

JY-UM124N2
Thanks for these info.

My sentence about air conditioning was a joke!