Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joying Extra Tools apk - an apk to help you install mods, tweak your unit, etc.
(12-16-2017, 08:18 PM)lbdroid Wrote: Then it sounds like you may be qualified to chip in with mcud. Its all in C with not a single "object" Wink

And there really is nothing special about object oriented programming. An object is just a struct that sometimes has its own functions/methods, which just means that as you pass that "special struct" around, it just brings those specialized functions with it.

Think of the "new" key word in java as equivalent to "malloc" in C, except that in java, you don't have to remember to "free" it when you're done with it.

I can read mcud. However, the last time I programmed in C was in '93. How old were you then? Big Grin

I have a week of holiday last week of this year. I will really give it a shot then.

(12-15-2017, 12:05 PM)cehes Wrote: I have two questions :
 - why in dpi settings there are quite all value but 180 ? As you imagine this is the one i'd like to use Smile
 - sofia server choice is void. If i understand well this is because i have an updated version and these mods are not compatibles. Then i only have to wait your next version, then install and enjoy ? That's all ?

I released a new version. The apk will automatically download the new version. Simply open it.
Changelog here and on my website.
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VM130N2, ROM 20171220 6.0.1 with mods
(12-17-2017, 05:35 PM)hvdwolf Wrote: I can read mcud. However, the last time I programmed in C was in '93. How old were you then? Big Grin
Lets just say that I wasn't even a teenager.
And that was probably about when I *started* messing around in C.
But at least I remember the 90's. Most of the kids in here weren't even conceived by then.
Well it seems we are not all teenagers here ...
I stopped C before C++ started ! (not really but not so far...)
JY-UM128N2D (digital amp Inside) on Chevrolet Tahoe 2005 -> changed with a JY-UM124N2 after i finally found my car amplifier !
(12-19-2017, 07:09 PM)cehes Wrote: Well it seems we are not all teenagers here ...

Really? The description below your name says "Junior" member Wink
Only 46 years old... yes i'm definitaly a junior, you're right Smile
JY-UM128N2D (digital amp Inside) on Chevrolet Tahoe 2005 -> changed with a JY-UM124N2 after i finally found my car amplifier !
I don't post often here about my apk as I do that on XDA, but the new release allows you to install the Xposed framework but at the same time requires some adaptations if you want to install and use Xposed.

I'm not going to repeat everything on XDA. If you are interested, take a look there.
Great. Just great!

I have one question as an owner of a yet non-modified (as to additional cooling) HU: I guess, there is a chance that installation in my case might fail due to watchdog during that long step with black screen you've mentioned? That is: it is not recommended for unmodified HUs - am I correct?
Skoda Superb 2010:  JY-VM130N2D Android 6.0.1 (Sept'17) + J.Dashcam + J.Rear Cam + Huawei E8372 4G WiFi Dongle
(01-13-2018, 04:11 PM)Andy2000 Wrote: Great. Just great!

I have one question as an owner of a yet non-modified (as to additional cooling) HU: I guess, there is a chance that installation in my case might fail due to watchdog during that long step with black screen you've mentioned? That is: it is not recommended for unmodified HUs - am I correct?

Like mentioned in the PM on XDA:
I don't think that is an issue, as it is only a short period. If your unit gets through the normal update optimization step, it will also get through the Xposed optimization step.
I mentioned the 5-10 minutes, but I will explain.
I did 2 installs on 2 clean "systems". 2 on the Joying and 2 on a genymotion emulator which has more or less the same x86 system layer.
Only once it took 6 minutes (the Joying), because it re-optimized.
The other 3 times, also on clean(!) installs, it only took 2-3 apps to optimize and it was ready within a minute.

Important
If you used the SuperSU uninstall script before 13 January 19:00 CET, then re-download it. It contained an error that soft-bricks your unit. I always update my busybox on my unit. If you had not done that the script will fail.
The updated script is correct.