Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the "Break" cable work?
I have a few questions about the break cablefrom the ISO harness. First of all what does it do? Just disable the DVD drive or all video playback in general? And if it disable all videoplayback does it work with all the apps beeing installed or just the preinstalled ones? I do not belive that it will work for all videoplayback what I think is a problem here in germany. I'm pretty sure it is not allowed to have a headunit installed that allow any kind of videoplayback without the use of the handbreak.

And how does the wiring of the "break" cable work? If nothing is connected to it does it mean that video is disabled or does it need ground or 12V for disable the videoplayback?
it only works for build in Video Player.
depends on the headunit model, some needs a ground and some needs 12v, and you are supposed to connect this to your handbreak indicator cable. If there is a signal into "Break" cable (+ / - depends), then video playback is allowed, if no signal then video player not allowed.
In my Intel Sofia Joying head unit, I can bypass this cable because there is a setting inside CarSetting that we can choose to ignore the "break" signal
Which setting is that? I didn't connect it because I thought they said something about handling it in the options. First time I was parked and tried video, said "don't watch videos while driving".
It is somewhere in Car Media Settings
2016 Jeep Wrangler - Current - JY-UMS02N2
Eh, just one thing to add here.... Its not BREAK, its BRAKE. They sound the same, but their meaning is VERY VERY different.
(07-25-2017, 06:03 PM)lbdroid Wrote: Eh, just one thing to add here.... Its not BREAK, its BRAKE. They sound the same, but their meaning is VERY VERY different.

Big Grin Thank you. I wanted to brake in, sorry break in, into this thread to mention that as well.
At first I really thought it was some fuse "cable", melting (=breaking) on too much current.
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VL130N2, ROM 20170707 6.0.1 with mods