Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers don't work after installing head unit
I purchased the 7inch android head unit with the Honda Civic wire harness. After plugging it in everything works perfectly except the most important part. The speakers won't work. I've been in contact with one of the support reps but so far no fixes. I'd hate to return the unit but will if I can find a solution. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I've tried messing with the settings, factory resets and double checking the wires.
seems like an install issue. What unit did you get? and how did you connect it? what harness did you use?
2016 Jeep Wrangler - Current - JY-UMS02N2
Could be but it's supposed to be plug and play. I emailed them and bought their Honda Civic harness specifically because they told me it would be plug and play. Here is the unit I bought
JOYING 7 Car Stereo 2GB 32GB Android 6.0 Head Unit Double Din Touch Screen Radio Auto Car Audio Indash GPS Navigation with Bluetooth WiFi Mirroring https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M670UWI/ref...EzbDHFN1T8

The harness has this orangish wire that says power CC'd 12v and the support emailed me if it's connected to my factory amp so I'm thinking that's the part where I have to connect something I just don't know where to connect it to. Everything else works perfectly. Just need sound from the speakers.
Got it to work. Great unit now that it's working. Hopefully it stays that way. No help from the tech support and it wasn't an install issue for the record.
So what was the issue?
I had a similar issue with my Honda civic SI as well. The issue is that the car wiring harness that they give you is for the non amplified version, so it works with the iMID system but will not power the actual amplifier in the vehicle because the amplifier is not receiving the turn on wire that is on the wiring harness. I have done this a little while ago with some help.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-c...adio.5916/ This web page describes the pin out diagram for the si radios with the 350 watt amplifier. The part that you need to change on the pin out is shown here Audio unit connector 24P. The remote out of the Carjoying headunit that turns on the amplifiers needs to be wired to pin 21 on the schematic. Also the harness that is provide only provides radio plugs instead of rca's. These need to be converted to RCA's and plugged into the back of the radio which is relatively easy. just remember that the ground is the outside while the center pin is positive. I have pictures of my work at home but I am at work right now and can't upload.
(08-11-2017, 06:40 PM)fkoolkat Wrote: I had a similar issue with my Honda civic SI as well. The issue is that the car wiring harness that they give you is for the non amplified version, so it works with the iMID system but will not power the actual amplifier in the vehicle because the amplifier is not receiving the turn on wire that is on the wiring harness. I have done this a little while ago with some help.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-c...adio.5916/ This web page describes the pin out diagram for the si radios with the 350 watt amplifier. The part that you need to change on the pin out is shown here Audio unit connector 24P. The remote out of the Carjoying headunit that turns on the amplifiers needs to be wired to pin 21 on the schematic. Also the harness that is provide only provides radio plugs instead of rca's. These need to be converted to RCA's and plugged into the back of the radio which is relatively easy. just remember that the ground is the outside while the center pin is positive. I have pictures of my work at home but I am at work right now and can't upload.

they had a similar issue with Jeep's Alpine amp, i ended up using a PAC
(08-11-2017, 06:54 PM)Mike-Mike Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 06:40 PM)fkoolkat Wrote: I had a similar issue with my Honda civic SI as well. The issue is that the car wiring harness that they give you is for the non amplified version, so it works with the iMID system but will not power the actual amplifier in the vehicle because the amplifier is not receiving the turn on wire that is on the wiring harness. I have done this a little while ago with some help.

they had a similar issue with Jeep's Alpine amp, i ended up using a PAC

I just figured that instead of beating the techs that actually work on this, I could post the fix that others can use on this forum. That's what forums are for anyway, because sometimes the individuals can make improvements on their own.