Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joying JY-VM130N2D Amplifiers Sound Problem
@lbdroid,@hvdwolf
sorry for the bad thread,Thanks
(09-14-2017, 05:59 PM)lbdroid Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 05:23 PM)hvdwolf Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 01:01 PM)Pepik71 Wrote: Joying JY-VM130N2D -can this model play video TS or avi????My just can play mp4!!!!

Any ideas???
Thanks

edit: You are hijacking this thread. This is about hardware issues. Your question is completely unrelated to the topic of the op. You should have created a new topic.
I should not have answered here (but don't want to do it again).

You should check this page for supported video codecs and audio codecs. Joying has nothing to do with it on Android. Android itself determines what it supports. Not the player and neither the reseller/firmware maker.

You make a very big (beginner) mistake. You mix up "containers" like mp4 and avi, with video codecs.
Containers like mp4, avi, mkv can contain multiple audio and video codecs.  TS is also a container. MPEG-TS is the corresponding video codec.
Containers are the files containing one or more video streams, one or more audio streams, one or more subtitle streams, possible chapter markers, all in their own codec format.
Use comething like VLC or mediainfo to check the video and audi codecs inside your avi and/or mp4 container. Andthen verify these against the supported formats from the link.

One correction: VLC is not limited by platform limits like those. Container parsing is done by VLC in software, and it has the option of choosing either a platform codec (hardware decoding), or one that it implements itself (software decoding). The latter is obviously higher on CPU usage, but it will still work, as long as the build of VLC you are running is compiled with the codec you are trying to use. Distribution versions of VLC (including the one on play store) usually leave out certain patent-encumbered codecs.

Also note that vendors are free to implement MORE codecs than the platform specifies, so while your list shows a list of codecs that *are definitely* supported, there may be more.

I never said anything about playing with VLC. I clearly stated "Use comething like VLC or mediainfo to check the video and audi codecs inside your avi and/or mp4 container." Both have the option to display the codecs in the container (VLC: Ctrl+I, third tab).
And if you now quote VLC capabilities: Did you check VLC on the head-unit, or the built-in player? 
And for the non-standard combinations: VLC does support mp3 in an mp4 container for example, and a couple of more that are theoretically not supported by the container.
So yes: VLC might be the best option.
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VL130N2, ROM 20170707 6.0.1 with mods
(09-14-2017, 07:05 PM)hvdwolf Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 05:59 PM)lbdroid Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 05:23 PM)hvdwolf Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 01:01 PM)Pepik71 Wrote: Joying JY-VM130N2D -can this model play video TS or avi????My just can play mp4!!!!

Any ideas???
Thanks

edit: You are hijacking this thread. This is about hardware issues. Your question is completely unrelated to the topic of the op. You should have created a new topic.
I should not have answered here (but don't want to do it again).

You should check this page for supported video codecs and audio codecs. Joying has nothing to do with it on Android. Android itself determines what it supports. Not the player and neither the reseller/firmware maker.

You make a very big (beginner) mistake. You mix up "containers" like mp4 and avi, with video codecs.
Containers like mp4, avi, mkv can contain multiple audio and video codecs.  TS is also a container. MPEG-TS is the corresponding video codec.
Containers are the files containing one or more video streams, one or more audio streams, one or more subtitle streams, possible chapter markers, all in their own codec format.
Use comething like VLC or mediainfo to check the video and audi codecs inside your avi and/or mp4 container. Andthen verify these against the supported formats from the link.

One correction: VLC is not limited by platform limits like those. Container parsing is done by VLC in software, and it has the option of choosing either a platform codec (hardware decoding), or one that it implements itself (software decoding). The latter is obviously higher on CPU usage, but it will still work, as long as the build of VLC you are running is compiled with the codec you are trying to use. Distribution versions of VLC (including the one on play store) usually leave out certain patent-encumbered codecs.

Also note that vendors are free to implement MORE codecs than the platform specifies, so while your list shows a list of codecs that *are definitely* supported, there may be more.

I never said anything about playing with VLC. I clearly stated "Use comething like VLC or mediainfo to check the video and audi codecs inside your avi and/or mp4 container." Both have the option to display the codecs in the container (VLC: Ctrl+I, third tab).
And if you now quote VLC capabilities: Did you check VLC on the head-unit, or the built-in player? 
And for the non-standard combinations: VLC does support mp3 in an mp4 container for example, and a couple of more that are theoretically not supported by the container.
So yes: VLC might be the best option.

If you're going to use vlc to check on something, you might as well just use it.