Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pair OBD2 on Android car stereo
How to connect and pair OBD2 on Joying android head unit, please check here.
Joying give your car new life.
HI. I have purchased the 10.1 lollypop head unit. I cant pair my OBDLink LX dongle to the head unit. It will see it but not pair. My Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone will pair perfectly.
I am having the same issue, also on the 10" Lollipop unit. I have reported it to Joying and they are looking into it.

http://www.forum.carjoying.com/thread-52.html
(04-20-2016, 11:17 AM)calhdt Wrote: HI. I have purchased the 10.1 lollypop head unit. I cant pair my OBDLink LX dongle to the head unit. It will see it but not pair. My Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone will pair perfectly.

Yes, some dongle like  OBDLink LX dongle, doesn't can compatible with Joying android system, and phone can pair no problem. Thank you for your understanding.
My $140 dongle has just become rubbish but a much slower $11 dongle works fine?
(04-21-2016, 08:04 AM)Joying Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 11:17 AM)calhdt Wrote: HI. I have purchased the 10.1 lollypop head unit. I cant pair my OBDLink LX dongle to the head unit. It will see it but not pair. My Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone will pair perfectly.

Yes, some dongle like  OBDLink LX dongle, doesn't can compatible with Joying android system, and phone can pair no problem. Thank you for your understanding.

It's not Joying only problem, all MCTB units (and now, also MCTD devices) are compatible only with dongles that have bluetooth name as "OBD" or "OBD2".

On MCTB you can solve the problem with Malaysk modded rom and/or Xposed modules, but for the new MCTD you have to wait good news from XDA forum...
Honda CRV 2011 JY-HL122 MCTD Unit - Order #100005045
Thanks for the explanation.
Joying android 5.1.1 lollipop head unit is MCTD device.
(04-22-2016, 03:10 AM)Joying Wrote: Joying android 5.1.1 lollipop head unit is MCTD device.

Yes, we know it is a MCTD device.  I tried twice and failed on both attempts to install the Xposed Framework SDK22 (Lollipop) using the flashable .ZIP file with FlashFire (FlashGordon didn't work either, and we don't have TWRP or CWM).  The result of both attempts was a soft brick, where the device would come up with "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" in a repeating loop, crashing the UI and never loading the launcher.

There are many time consuming steps to make this attempt:

Recovery Mode
Re-Flash update.img from USB
Wipe Cache
Factory Settings *#hct#root#
Download Kinga Root
Use SuperSU Me to overwrite Kinga Root with Super SU
Setup Play Store
Install FlashFire - make attempt

Therefore I was only willing to try twice before giving up.  If someone else manages to get Xposed installed on the 10" 5.1.1 Unit I'd love to know how so that I can also try XposedMTC module.

Xposed Failure Soft Brick

[Image: 2016-04-21%2017.54.04.jpg]
Hi,

My OBD2 adapter was not compatible (type CHX in list) so I replaced it with another - new one shows up as OBDII in list. When I pair the 5.1.1 Universal head unit I am not asked for a pin, and OBD comes up in the top of the screen display.

When I launch Torque I get a notification to enable bluetooth and then that bluetooth is sleeping.

Any suggestions? I have tested that the new adapter works on my old Android phone. It is ELM327 V2.1

Thanks,
James