Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume level depending on speed (auto)
Could not find such settings. Miss it much compared to factory VW unit.

I would not need it much if driving wheel volume control worked properly. Now when I make one click DOWN of volume drum on wheel, volume goes UP one step - one has to rotate further, which also never happened on factory equipment.

Surprisingly the function is needed not only on highways, but also on jammed city streets in start-stop mode...
Skoda Superb 2010:  JY-VM130N2D Android 6.0.1 + J.Dashcam + J.Rear Cam + Huawei E8372 4G WiFi Dongle - J.4G/WiFi Dongle (not working)
(09-13-2017, 04:46 PM)Andy2000 Wrote: Could not find such settings. Miss it much compared to factory VW unit.

I would not need it much if driving wheel volume control worked properly. Now when I make one click DOWN of volume drum on wheel, volume goes UP one step - one has to rotate further, which also never happened on factory equipment.

Surprisingly the function is needed not only on highways, but also on jammed city streets in start-stop mode...

1. "Volume level depending on speed" - such feature does not exist on the Joying units
2. "when I make one click DOWN of volume drum on wheel, volume goes UP one step" - I have a Ford and I had the NEXT and PREV buttons reversed, the issue was from the CAN box decoder on the harness... I did not find any solution (there is no way to reprogram the CAN box with proper codes for decoding correctly the CAN messages) so I bypassed the CAN box and connected the unit directly to the resistive steering wheel buttons and programmed their functions via the unit software.
For (1), keep your eyes on this thread and it will eventually become possible...
https://forum.carjoying.com/thread-1220-aosp.html

Right now I'm working on building control interfaces for the sound controller and MCU. I have the sound controller fully under my control, so technically, I could implement speed-volume control right now (using speed readings from GPS), but the software isn't in a "daily driver" state just yet. I should be able to get it there in a few days. Basically, I need to be able to automate a couple of things, and make it able to receive signals to change the volume from.

I'm not promising to actually implement the speed-volume controller, but I am building software in open source, so anybody who wants to can certainly add features, and that really isn't a complicated feature.