Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joying Octa Core Cortex A53 PX5 64Bit 2GB RAM
(10-11-2017, 02:58 AM)lvlua704 Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 01:02 PM)lbdroid Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 03:16 AM)lvlua704 Wrote: Waiting for the 32gb.

You're better off with the intel CPU.
1) Its faster.
2) We have a LOT of it reverse engineered, and will be shifting over to open source software.

I got the rockchip, Intel and they freeze and reboot randomly.

Usually when you say the "rockchip", you're referring to an ARM, either A9 or A53.
The Intel one is only *manufactured* by rockchip, but its still an INTEL chip.
In any event, the problem you are having is due to HEAT, which is just as much an issue with the A53's as it is with the INTEL.

YOU NEED TO ADD COOLING!

Also you REALLY need to pay attention to point #2... because we are replacing ALL of their worse than buggy software.

For instance, random reboots.... this is caused by the MCU not receiving the heartbeat signal from the CPU. When the MCU doesn't get the heartbeat, it thinks the CPU is dead and forces a reboot. This can happen if their worse than buggy software CRASHES, or if the unit takes too long to boot up and start their worse than buggy software, OR if their worse than buggy software is deemed a lower priority process when under MEMORY PRESSURE, causing it to be killed. One item on my todo list is to take the heartbeat signal generation out of the scope of Android and instead run it from native code started by an init script, which will ensure that the heartbeat starts EARLY, and remains running reliably. In other words... no random reboots.
Hi @lbdroid!

My HU is a an Intel and some months ago it stopped working. Basically it seems the Hardware is not communicating with the software. Some of the behaviors:
- No sound
- Hard buttons are not working
- It doesn't turn off when I turn the car off. (I just had to unplug the power cable)
- The MCU version on Android's "about" is empty. I tried to update with the last MCU provided by Joying on their blog, but no success.

Sadly the Joying support is not helping in this case, they keep asking to reinstall, to use the reset button and several other basic things that I have already done several times.

I'm not a expert on this, but all this behavior seems to be related to the MCU. Any tip to update it? Do you have any idea how to make my HU work again?
(10-11-2017, 01:19 PM)lbdroid Wrote:

1) Its faster.
2) We have a LOT of it reverse engineered, and will be shifting over to open source software.

Usually when you say the "rockchip", you're referring to an ARM, either A9 or A53.
In any event, the problem you are having is due to HEAT, which is just as much an issue with the A53's as it is with the INTEL.

YOU NEED TO ADD COOLING!

Also you REALLY need to pay attention to point #2... because we are replacing ALL of their worse than buggy software.

For instance, random reboots.... this is caused by the MCU not receiving the heartbeat signal from the CPU. When the MCU doesn't get the heartbeat, it thinks the CPU is dead and forces a reboot. This can happen if their worse than buggy software CRASHES, or if the unit takes too long to boot up and start their worse than buggy software, OR if their worse than buggy software is deemed a lower priority process when under MEMORY PRESSURE, causing it to be killed. One item on my todo list is to take the heartbeat signal generation out of the scope of Android and instead run it from native code started by an init script, which will ensure that the heartbeat starts EARLY, and remains running reliably. In other words... no random reboots.

So your finding is of that software related and not hardware. If you do coding then why not disect this firmware and integrate your fixes and repackaged into a flashable format.
(10-11-2017, 06:38 PM)lvlua704 Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 01:19 PM)lbdroid Wrote:

1) Its faster.

YOU NEED TO ADD COOLING!

So your finding is of that software related and not hardware. If you do coding then why not disect this firmware and integrate your fixes and repackaged into a flashable format.

Because that is a waste of time.
(09-28-2017, 07:14 AM)Cartel Wrote: Looks good, fast!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCfD6u4w18

16GB though...worth it over the 6021?

No.  Other resellers 32gb NAND/2gb MTCD.
Ok, so does anyone have bought that HU?

Wondering if they fixed GPS "3,6km" problem in that software release?
Any general problems with HU so far?
(10-21-2017, 08:56 AM)Yes true. Lots of other brands sell the 2gig / 32gig octocore with andriod 7. Not sure why Joying is so far behind. Been waiting for one, But confused why they released a 2gig / 16gig seems backwards. I sure don\t want to go backwards I want to upgrade my joying to a new radio, but I want 2/32 gig with andriod 7. And to be honest I'm getting a little tired of waiting when I see all these other brands out there and they are using basically the same hardware even the chassies use the same plugs.  machcnz Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 07:14 AM)Cartel Wrote: Looks good, fast!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCfD6u4w18

16GB though...worth it over the 6021?

No.  Other resellers 32gb NAND/2gb MTCD.
(11-20-2017, 07:24 PM)Rickinfl Wrote: Yes true. Lots of other brands sell the 2gig / 32gig octocore with andriod 7. Not sure why Joying is so far behind. Been waiting for one, But confused why they released a 2gig / 16gig seems backwards. I sure don\'t want to go backwards I want to upgrade my joying to a new radio, but I want 2/32 gig with andriod 7. And to be honest I'

The INTEL cpu is faster. Don't pay attention to MHz or core count, they do NOT correlate to performance across different architecture.

A Snapdragon 835 is a bloody fast 8 core ARMv8, but that's because its got 8 custom A73's. Not the shitty A53's like in chinese car radios. The Android version is also irrelevant, because they ALL ship with it *completely broken to hell*.

We are working towards eventually getting onto AOSP for the INTEL units.

Also be aware that those "the same" car radios are the same only in LOOK. Most of them are made by MTC. Joying units are made by SYU.