Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kia ceed pro 2008 which unit
Hello.

im thinking of upgrading my Kia Ceed 1.6 Pro 2008 with a intotainment system.. i serously cant be bothered to burn cd's any more xD

i was looking at these 2 Joying products:
UK-JY-UM128N2
UK-JY-UM124N2D

i have some questions tho,

Questions:
- is it possible to run 2 Joying cameras at once? (1 front and 1 rear)  - (front-cam to use with app "RoadAR" for traffic sign recognition)

-Does any of these 2 units fit my car? Kia Ceed 1.6 Pro 2008 

-are there another unit that fits my car better which also supports 2 cameras at once?

Best regards
iareback
(11-14-2017, 06:06 PM)iareback Wrote: Hello.

im thinking of upgrading my Kia Ceed 1.6 Pro 2008 with a intotainment system.. i serously cant be bothered to burn cd's any more xD

i was looking at these 2 Joying products:
UK-JY-UM128N2
UK-JY-UM124N2D

i have some questions tho,

Questions:
- is it possible to run 2 Joying cameras at once? (1 front and 1 rear)  - (front-cam to use with app "RoadAR" for traffic sign recognition)

-Does any of these 2 units fit my car? Kia Ceed 1.6 Pro 2008 

-are there another unit that fits my car better which also supports 2 cameras at once?

Best regards
iareback

These "does it fit" questions are best answered by Joying. Send them a mail (carjoying@gmail.com) with details of your car and some photos of your dashboard.

Joying hacked the kernel. Only their supported (and sold) dashcams work. You will not be able to couple any other usb cam to the unit. It will simply not work. lbdroid made a great working solution for this but it does require a raspberry pi (or compatible) and some linux knowledge.

The rear cam is not usb and almost any cam will do in a standard Joying configuration.
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VL130N2, ROM 20170901 6.0.1 with mods