Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How volume works with pre-amp outputs
Hi all, 

If I have an HU without digital amplifier and with pre-amp outputs and use these pre-amp outputs to plug on a factory amplifier in the car, who is managing the volume, the HU or the factory  amplifier?
If I look at my amplifier wiring I can see a 'radio on signal' then it will switch on only when HU is on, great.
But nothing about sound volume, can a low level output have a volume? Did you try that with joying 'normal' HU?

Thanks a lot
JY-UM128N2D (digital amp Inside) on Chevrolet Tahoe 2005 -> changed with a JY-UM124N2 after i finally found my car amplifier !
Usually in head units the preamp outputs are driven after the volume controls. If not you would have to adjust the volume on your external amplifier.

In head units I've installed before, the preamp outputs are taken right before they get into the internal amplifier - the volume adjustment is made into the preamp stage, so the RCAs at the back get the same "level" as the internal amplifier.

Hope this makes sense, flu medicine makes everything fuzzy.. :-)

JY-UM124N2
Yes do not worry, this reply is perfect!

Thanks a lot.
And happy new year ?
JY-UM128N2D (digital amp Inside) on Chevrolet Tahoe 2005 -> changed with a JY-UM124N2 after i finally found my car amplifier !
(01-02-2018, 07:51 AM)cehes Wrote: Yes do not worry, this reply is perfect!

Thanks a lot.
And happy new year ?

Merci, à vous aussi!  Big Grin

JY-UM124N2