Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car radio not start.
Hello, i think that i glue capacitor on side box and not on the coil to avoid this issue again.
The people who repair it, say me that coil can become hot, that why i prefer to glue it on side of the box. What do you thing about it ?
Joying wouldn't be nothing without this awesome community.
(01-11-2018, 01:12 PM)pidow Wrote: Hello, i think that i glue capacitor on side box and not on the coil to avoid this issue again.
The people who repair it, say me that coil can become hot, that why i prefer to glue it on side of the box. What do you thing about it ?

The capacitor doesn't have to be glued to the coil, it was just a way for the manufacturer to ... well do a shitty job. 

The way I fixed this is to desolder the capacitor from the board, clean up the holes and reinstall the capacitor flush to the board and trim the leads after resoldering.  Just as it should have been in the first place.

JY-UM124N2
(01-12-2018, 11:14 AM)rolf Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 01:12 PM)pidow Wrote: Hello, i think that i glue capacitor on side box and not on the coil to avoid this issue again.

The capacitor doesn't have to be glued to the coil, it was just a way for the manufacturer to ... well do a shitty job. 

The way I fixed this is to desolder the capacitor from the board, clean up the holes and reinstall the capacitor flush to the board and trim the leads after resoldering.  Just as it should have been in the first place.

Just be careful that the capacitor has polarity so watch the position the capacitor has right now and remount it the same position... just flushed to the board.

I read somewhere it was recommended to change the 105ºC capacitor with an automotive one rated to work up to 135ºC. Does anybody know the reference or how to ask for it in an electronic components shop? I would like to order it in advance and make just the replacement when I have it...
(01-12-2018, 11:40 AM)ptolomeoo Wrote:

I read somewhere it was recommended to change the 105ºC capacitor with an automotive one rated to work up to 135ºC. Does anybody know the reference or how to ask for it in an electronic components shop? I would like to order it in advance and make just the replacement when I have it...

My advice : You better install a fan in these units, so the SoM will not reach 100C and CPU throttle all the way down to 416Mhz and the inside of the unit will stay at a lot lower temperature
(01-12-2018, 11:56 AM)edit Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 11:40 AM)ptolomeoo Wrote:

My advice : You better install a fan in these units, so the SoM will not reach 100C and CPU throttle all the way down to 416Mhz and the inside of the unit will stay at a lot lower temperature

^^ THAT.

If you don't cool the thing, it will probably be dead inside of 6 months.