Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JY-UM135N2PX5 3rd party launcher
(01-12-2018, 11:16 AM)rolf Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 09:59 PM)hvdwolf Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 08:58 PM)IanHarwood Wrote: Thanks for the help, you are correct in that I did set default launcher from Nova, so the soft button works correctly.
It would seem the physical button is not sending to Android the same command as the soft button.
No, it's not. The MCU responds and sends a specific key command to the SofiaServer app. The SofiaServer app has about 10+ functions that respond to one specific code. One for each hardware button.

That's what Gustden keymod is doing. It leads all this keycodes to his own3 functions which forward them as a parameter to the launcher.sh script.

The thread title mentions a PX5 unit, is there such a thing as SofiaServer on a PX5 ???

No, sorry. That is my error. There is "something" like a SofiaServer but I don't know the name on the new units.
(On the MTC units it is the MicrontekServer.)
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VM130N2, ROM 20171220 6.0.1 with mods
(01-11-2018, 09:59 PM)hvdwolf Wrote: No, it's not. The MCU responds and sends a specific key command to the SofiaServer app. The SofiaServer app has about 10+ functions that respond to one specific code. One for each hardware button.

That's what Gustden keymod is doing. It leads all this keycodes to his own3 functions which forward them as a parameter to the launcher.sh script.
Ok, now I understand a bit more. I installed a key event viewer in the headunit, but it didn't detect anything when I pressed the function front keys...
How could I configure the physical buttons using gustden's mod to launch a desired app such as a launcher or poweramp?
Thank you in advance.
(01-12-2018, 11:57 AM)ptolomeoo Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 09:59 PM)hvdwolf Wrote: No, it's not. The MCU responds and sends a specific key command to the SofiaServer app. The SofiaServer app has about 10+ functions that respond to one specific code. One for each hardware button.

Ok, now I understand a bit more. I installed a key event viewer in the headunit, but it didn't detect anything when I pressed the function front keys...
How could I configure the physical buttons using gustden's mod to launch a desired app such as a launcher or poweramp?
Thank you in advance.

Lets stop here please. This thread is about the PX5. It is now deviating to the Sofia3GR units.
If you are interested for the Sofia 3GR units look at this thread on XDA, and what I'm trying (it's currently nothing more than that) to achieve in "my" thread (read the first post and the last 3-4 pages)
Regardless of what it is called, the sofiaserver actually contains code for a lot more than just intel sofia. It has code for PX3 in the very least, probably PX5 too by now.

Nobody has actually confirmed just what is inside the PX5 units. Are they sticking with SYU? Or have they gone back to MTC? Could somebody who has one take off the cover and take a few detailed high resolution pictures of the insides of it?
(01-12-2018, 09:17 PM)lbdroid Wrote: Regardless of what it is called, the sofiaserver actually contains code for a lot more than just intel sofia. It has code for PX3 in the very least, probably PX5 too by now.

Nobody has actually confirmed just what is inside the PX5 units. Are they sticking with SYU? Or have they gone back to MTC? Could somebody who has one take off the cover and take a few detailed high resolution pictures of the insides of it?

Hope this works.
Jouing Pics

Ian
nah, not using SYU. you can tell right off the bat because the GPS and bluetooth are on the MCU board not on the SoM...
(01-13-2018, 06:13 AM)gtx Wrote: nah, not using SYU.  you can tell right off the bat because the GPS and bluetooth are on the MCU board not on the SoM...

Are you sure? I thought that had to do with the Sofia 3GR having this already "on board", not with the SOM manufacturer.

I downloaded the firmware upgrade a couple of days ago, pure out of curiosity.

All "unit" apps like the radio, wheelstudio, video, etc. are "com.stt.etcera". Some apks are even named Stt<something>.apk.
I think the "SofiaServer" or "Microntekserver" on these PX5 units, is the "SttCarManager".
So far I never heard of an stt software company.
Well, the unique thing about the Joying/fyt/syu head units is that everything is built into the SoM... On all other units the Bluetooth, GPS, and maybe even wifi is on the mcu board.

Intel design the Sofia chip to have WiFi Bluetooth and GPS on the processor die, although on our units fyt decided to add a realtek wifi chip instead of using the on board wifi.