Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was the point?
What was the point of posting the video of a Joying head unit running Android 7.1 way back in May 2017?

That's great that your hardware can run it but none of your current units come with Android 7.1 and the units with Android 6.0 have so many bugs that you guys cannot seem to fix.  

The video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovEMxAxZ0uI

It would be great if Joying offered units running Android 7.1.
(01-11-2018, 03:38 PM)popparoxie1986 Wrote: What was the point of posting the video of a Joying head unit running Android 7.1 way back in May 2017?

That's great that your hardware can run it but none of your current units come with Android 7.1 and the units with Android 6.0 have so many bugs that you guys cannot seem to fix.  

The video link:

Yes, I agree and it would even be better if they offered android 8 with a correct CAR HAL.

However, there is no point in either Android 7 or 8 if it is also buggy and if they can't solve those bugs either.
The problem is NOT the Android version. The problem are the SYU/Joying apps running on that android version.
I assume that it will only get worse (in first instance) if they now move to 7 or 8.
The SYU/Joying layer should be fixed, not the android layer.
I prefer a solid Android 6 over any new, but buggy 7 or 8.
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VM130N2, ROM 20171220 6.0.1 with mods
(01-11-2018, 03:46 PM)hvdwolf Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 03:38 PM)popparoxie1986 Wrote: What was the point of posting the video of a Joying head unit running Android 7.1 way back in May 2017?

The video link:

Yes, I agree and it would even be better if they offered android 8 with a correct CAR HAL.

However, there is no point in either Android 7 or 8 if it is also buggy and if they can't solve those bugs either.
The problem is NOT the Android version. The problem are the SYU/Joying apps running on that android version.
I assume that it will only get worse (in first instance) if they now move to 7 or 8.

Very much true. They would likely move existing buggy Joying apps to the new version of Android and add even more bugs. Sadly you are probably right about it getting worse. Wish they would open up their source to allow us software developers to fix the bugs.
(01-11-2018, 04:18 PM)popparoxie1986 Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 03:46 PM)hvdwolf Wrote:

The video link:

Very much true. They would likely move existing buggy Joying apps to the new version of Android and add even more bugs. Sadly you are probably right about it getting worse. Wish they would open up their source to allow us software developers to fix the bugs.

I think the custom version for the joying developed by lbdroid is a much better solution, but personally I think it is not "ready enough". Not from the point of being beta or buggy, but from the point of having apps that do not yet have their full set of functions.
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VM130N2, ROM 20171220 6.0.1 with mods