Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Intel (Sofia) 5.1.1 Units
I don't know but the simplest way to test this is to connect a simple USB mouse to one of your USB cables and see if you get a cursor, can move the mouse and can select/double-click an app.
If you can you have OTG. You might need an OTG USB cable/connector.
Officially the box or the device should have the USB OTG sticker on it. I can't remember I saw that,
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VL130N2, ROM 20170707 6.0.1 with mods
(03-02-2017, 07:05 PM)hvdwolf Wrote: I don't know but the simplest way to test this is to connect a simple USB mouse to one of your USB cables and see if you get a cursor, can move the mouse and can select/double-click an app.
If you can you have OTG. You might need an OTG USB cable/connector.
Officially the box or the device should have the USB OTG sticker on it. I can't remember I saw that,

Apparently, OTG is supported. I installed a wireless Logitech mouse and almost instantly had a functioning cursor.
Car: 2015 Subaru WRX Limited w/ Harmon Kardon
HU: Joying JY-UL128N2
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7
A wireless mouse? I assume one with a USB connector/adapter. 
A bluetooth mouse works via bluetooth and not via OTG.
Have a look at my Joying_Extra_Tools.apk and the rooting script
JY-VL130N2, ROM 20170707 6.0.1 with mods
(03-03-2017, 07:38 AM)hvdwolf Wrote: A wireless mouse? I assume one with a USB connector/adapter. 
A bluetooth mouse works via bluetooth and not via OTG.

He means the kind of wireless mouse that uses a proprietary communications protocol between the mouse and the dongle. The device you plug it into doesn't have any notion that it is a wireless mouse.

(03-01-2017, 02:49 PM)KentuckyJohn Wrote: Can one of you 5.1 owners tell me if the USB supports OTG mode?

Joying said no, but I do see that my 4.4.4 appears to be OTG.

The CONCEPT of OTG does not apply to these units.
These things have USB HOST PORTS.

While the SoC may implement USB HOST internally as OTG, this stuff is all hidden from your point of view.

You need to keep in mind that OTG applies to a USB PERIPHERAL device, to allow it to function as a USB HOST.
(12-06-2016, 02:49 PM)lbdroid Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 10:01 AM)MoonMan Wrote:
(11-28-2016, 03:50 PM)lbdroid Wrote:
(11-28-2016, 08:24 AM)MoonMan Wrote:
(11-25-2016, 03:59 PM)Mike-Mike Wrote: Were you using a Malaysk ROM?  On the Malaysk ROM for my previous 1GB RAM MTCD unit he adjusted the DPI, making Spotify look better.  But on the regular Joying Spotify (for me) always had tiny buttons

Hi,

I'm using stock software.

Is there any other way to mess around with DPI than Malaysk?

Root, and modify the file /system/build.prop
Look for the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=###" and change it. If the line doesn't exist, add it.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Is there a way to root these new Intel Sofia units? And what is good DPI to use?

Connect via adb, run "adb shell; su" or "adb root; adb shell", and you are now root.
Best DPI is whatever matches the ACTUAL PANEL.

What physical connection does one make from laptop/PC with adb binary to the head unit, given that the head unit only has USB host (Type A female) connections? Do I need a USB cable with Type A Male connectors on both ends to connect PC to head unit? Is there a way to switch head unit USB mode to device instead of host (or does this part "just work") ?

Thanks
2007 Nissan Tiida - Current unit JY-UL135N2, previous unit JY-UL135
[quote pid='4515' dateline='1490327514']
What physical connection does one make from laptop/PC with adb binary to the head unit, given that the head unit only has USB host (Type A female) connections? Do I need a USB cable with Type A Male connectors on both ends to connect PC to head unit? Is there a way to switch head unit USB mode to device instead of host (or does this part "just work") ?

Thanks
[/quote]

Wifi
Hi,
If I can add my two cents worth (and that's about as much as I understand here!) - I have the UL138N2 Joying HU (Intel), and I would like to use BT headphones  with it. 
I have two brands of BT headphones and both come up on the standard Joying BT search screen, but neither will pair (my phone does ok).  Both headsets pair with the phone ok. So I'm assuming something is not standard with the Joying BT system. Bluetooth Auto Connect app shows both headsets and a green tick against each, as it does for phone etc.
I tried a BT USB dongle plugged in (Kensington) but no joy. The BT wireless mouse operates fine with the mouse wireless USB dongle plugged into any of the two USB leads on the HU (I did notice I got no on screen keyboard for a google search) so I'm assuming OTG is supported.

Not sure where to go next.
UL138N2
I just did some checks on the BT versions involved. HU is BT v4.0.
One headset is v1.2, other is v2.1 (yes not new!). Backward compatible, but I wonder if it really is?
UL138N2