Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a more flush fit with the Subaru BRZ/Toyota FT86 Head Unit
Hi guys any chance you might be able to shorten the touch screen connectors on the Toyota Universal Head Unit?  I installed mine on my Subaru BRZ and as you noticed from the photos I sent you, there is a gap between the touch screen and the dash.  I think shorter connectors would remedy this and make the screen sit flush against the dash.

Thank you
86fanantic
This is not an official JOYING MFR forum, it is a support by Joying users forum. Please direct your requests directly to joying via their email address.
2009 WRANGLER and Intel based JY-ULS02N2

If it weren't for JOYING-USA sales \ support I wouldn't still be here!
Are you able to set the head unit back a bit. I had to do this with mine and made a new bracket from a couple of pieces of alum angle to hold it in place.
JY-ULS01N2 fitted in Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013 Diesel
@ Pete - I went to the Home Depot yesterday to buy a length of steel to make an angle bracket for the 10" display on my unit. It will connect to the actual HU and the female and make feet will connect to it. This will give me a better POV.
2009 WRANGLER and Intel based JY-ULS02N2

If it weren't for JOYING-USA sales \ support I wouldn't still be here!
I've used a Dremel to grind the holes in the original HU bracket, so the unit goes about 10mm deeper - this way, with the new trim, it looks absolutely like it belong there. Those are not '100%", "professional" "OEM looking" head-units, but it's crazy-fun to tinker with. I, for one, I fell like I'm young again when I have to spend some time making it work the way I want Wink
JY-UQ129(4.4.4) - Yaris 2009
One thing I always use is Perforated Galvanized Steel Duct Strap. Works great, bendable, already has holes, and it's stable once you get it into place.
This is what I used because they don't make a double din stereo mount for my car.