Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regulate the subwoofer output
Hi together,

It is planned in future to regulate the subwoofer output? Currently you can not control the power and the frequency range. That is really annoying

best regards!
Hey  sauerlaender, are you familiar with this HW mod? http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-...d-t3234660
JY-UQ129(4.4.4) - Yaris 2009
(05-11-2016, 05:51 PM)sorinakis Wrote: Hey  sauerlaender, are you familiar with this HW mod? http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-...d-t3234660

Hey sorinakis,

Many thanks for your answer but I do not want to carry on a new radio technical changes and lose the warranty. Basically that's exactly what I'm looking for!
Actually, I was hoping that a coworker of JOYING reports to word plus furnishes a statement whether those are planned functions!

Best regards
Joying now reports that the SUB out is not designed to drive an amplifier. Mine did not function at all so no idea what the port is actually there for. An ornament, not functional.
(06-05-2017, 02:19 PM)jcthorne Wrote: Joying now reports that the SUB out is not designed to drive an amplifier.  Mine did not function at all so no idea what the port is actually there for.  An ornament, not functional.
The Sub Output on my JY-UL135 headunit functions fine with a mono amp powering a sub
2012 Honda Civic EX - JY-Ul135 
(06-05-2017, 05:49 PM)mrdigital Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 02:19 PM)jcthorne Wrote: Joying now reports that the SUB out is not designed to drive an amplifier.  Mine did not function at all so no idea what the port is actually there for.  An ornament, not functional.
The Sub Output on my JY-UL135 headunit functions fine with a mono amp powering a sub

On my Intel Sofia unit the SUB out did not work.  Joying made the statement about it not being intended to drive an amp. (It was an avoidance of warranty statement, not engineering fact).  Be glad yours works.
(06-05-2017, 05:58 PM)jcthorne Wrote:

On my Intel Sofia unit the SUB out did not work.  Joying made the statement about it not being intended to drive an amp. (It was an avoidance of warranty statement, not engineering fact).  Be glad yours works.

What is it intended to be used for? RCA to 2 wire speaker cable adapter?
(10-08-2017, 10:04 PM)kungpaoshizi Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 05:58 PM)jcthorne Wrote:

What is it intended to be used for? RCA to 2 wire speaker cable adapter?

It *CANNOT* drive speakers directly, it CAN ONLY be used to feed an external amplifier.
There is one really neat thing about the INTEL units -- the hardware modification is NOT required to gain full control over the sound chip (BD37033), since it is tied directly to an i2c bus on the main CPU.

You can see the project on my github for the software to control it.
https://github.com/lbdroid/BD37033Controller